Monday, 13 July 2009

Panda Cola, Bensons Crisps and business web sites from £99



I'll start with a quick tale from my childhood.

When I was 15 my parents took me shopping for some new trainers. After getting some sound advice from my best mate Andy's older brother (who we all thought was as cool as Tom Selleck at the time), I decided I wanted some Adidas Gazelles. No other trainer would do in my mind. However, my ever-practical parents took me to the market and got me a pair of own-brand trainers under the assumption (on their part, not mine) that they were exactly the same as the expensive Adidas I craved. However, when I turned up at school wearing said shoes, I was roundly turned on by all of the lads who were wearing Adidas and derided for my cheap, nasty looking trainers. In truth they were the same in a lot of ways. They had rubber soles, leather uppers and even had 'go-faster' stripes down the sides. But what my parents hadn't taken into account was consumer perception, quality and brand values. They had opted for a cheaper alternative based solely on price and we both paid the price. Me at the school gates, and them when their 'cheap alternative' fell to pieces within 3 months.

The point is that we all find cheaper, less established brands as an alternative to spending the required money but they never quite live up to expectations. Anyone who was unfortunate enough to find some Panda Cola or Bensons crisps in their lunchbox will testify to this. Not quite inedible but not quite Coca Cola or Golden Wonder.

So to websites. Is And Digital a cheap option? No. Are we exceptionally good at what we do? Yes. Will a Ferrari out perform a Peugeot? Every time. And this is the point. In a world where the digital markets are saturated with shady backstreet companies selling 'magic bean' solutions we don't claim to be pricing ourselves on the same model as Panda Cola. We don't even model ourselves around price - we offer an intelligent solution at a price that delivers.

If you are looking for a digital provider who does think like the marketing whizzes over at Benson and Panda then feel free to contact:

Manchester Business
0161 237 1234
www.manchesterbusiness.com

They do business websites from £99. And as their ad clearly states, all solutions come with free email addresses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home